project co-funded by the UE
Final report annexes
- Deliverable action 4 - Pictures of the experimentation sites II
- Deliverable action 5 - Evaluation report on end product characteristics
- Deliverable action 6: Final evaluation report on the results of the experimentation
- Report Ente Risi - Prova di utilizzo di concimi azotati addizionati con zeoliti in risaia
- Deliverable action 6: Manual for use of the Unizeo Product (EN/IT)
- Programme and UNIZEO presentations Workshop with ZeoLIFE 2014
- EC 2015 publication ‘LIFE and Climate change mitigation’, page 58
- Deliverable action 7: Final conference proceedings
- Deliverable Action 10: Layman's report in English
- Deliverable Action 10: Layman's report in Italian
Inception report annexes (IR Annex)
Midterm report annexes (MTR Annex)
Unizeo projectUrea is the most widely used nitrogen fertilizer in agriculture because it can offer the biggest amount of nitrogen for the lowest costs. Its use, however, involves considerable consequences for polluting groundwater and air due to the release of the nitrogen not used by the plant. The recently patented technology to be tested in this project, urea granules coated with zeolite, promised to guarantee for the same production, smaller amounts for nitrogen units per units of cultivated areas and a slow release of urea on demand of the plant. This represents on the one hand a saving for the farms and on the other a significant reduction of the environmental damages caused by the release of urea into the environment.
The results of the project are reported in synthesis in the Layman's report and can be found extensively described in the section "materials", that you can find at the left on this page.